Not for nothing do people say I’m arrogant, that I don’t answer to emails and I don’t like sharing. Now seriously, would you have liked to spend two- three, maybe six hours of your life to answer an email with short, on- topic questions, like the ones below, especially if the email, coming from a stranger, ends the way it ends (the email excerpt is copied/ pasted here, I will not edit anything for fear I will burst into laughing again; I have made one change only to protect the sender’s identity, who is but one of the tens of people who email me every month on the same subject, using the same tone):
- Which, in your opinion, would be the riskier solution FOR THE BEGINNING: a fast-food restaurant in the food court at the mall, or in a smaller space, with ten tables, in a more central location (I’m thinking rent and exposure)
- What would be the minimum budget for both options? If now I had 30,000- 40,000 EUR, how much more would I need? I’m having in mind some EU funds also, but I am well aware that it takes a while until you actually receive the money. Still, I can recover some of my investment…
- Do you think I absolutely need a chef who knows the@#* cuisine or a good chef who can learn @#*recipes under my girlfriend’s “close watch”? :))
- How many dishes do I need in the menu, at least, for starters? Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect to instantly get the maximum ROI, with a small investment ( any Romanian’s dream), but I’d rather be cautious and reduce risks.
- What do you think would be the best way to promote such a restaurant at the beginning?
- How much would a good chef, for a normal, no fuss restaurant, cost?
- How risky is to go for a more @#*restaurant in Romania?
- What would be the best selling price for a dish, for a plate?
I know consulting services are expensive, but firstly I need advice from an uber-knowledgeable person like you. I believe my questions are rather friendly advice and not at all consulting services…:)